Create and configure your own Magento Mobile application and publish it for the Android and iOS platforms
- Style and theme your Magento Mobile Application interface
- Configure Product categories and add static content for mobile
- Prepare and publish your Magento mobile application targeting iPhone/iPad and Android platforms
Over the last few years, mobile platforms have quickly expanded to reach every part of modern society. Magento e-commerce platform is no exception and many Magento store owners are aware that they will get more customers on their stores inside a “mobile-users community”.
"Magento Mobile How-To" is a practical, easy to follow, complete guide for unleashing the real power of Magento Mobile. Whether you are a Magento store owner, developer, or just a curious reader, the clear step-by-step examples will give you a practical knowledge about creating Magento Mobile applications and publishing them on different mobile platforms.
By following the complete process of creating a Magento Mobile application, you will learn how to create, design, configure and prepare your own application and then publish it on the iOS and Android mobile platforms.
Get acquainted with the Magento Mobile Admin panel which will enable you to configure a separate Store View using a Magento mobile theme, prepare category images and other graphics.
Enhance your application by configuring the payment methods, integrating with social networks, configuring and sending push notification messages and finally submitting the application to Magento Mobile for deploying on favourite mobile platforms.
Table of contents
Magento Mobile How-to
- Magento Mobile How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Magento Mobile How-to
- Installing and configuring Magento Mobile Admin Panel (Must know)
- Getting acquainted with Magento Mobile Admin Panel (Must know)
- Creating a separate Store View for mobile application (Must know)
- Configuring mobile themes for our Magento Mobile Store View (Must know)
- Preparing and updating product category thumbnail images for mobiles (Must know)
- Preparing your icons, logos, and other images for mobile applications (Should know)
- Updating an application's copyright information (Must know)
- Creating and configuring a basic mobile application (Must know)
- Styling your mobile application (Must know)
- Adding static content (Must know)
- Configuring payment methods (Must know)
- Configuring social networks integration (Should know)
- Configuring the Push notification feature (Become an expert)
- Installing and using the Magento Mobile previewer app (Should know)
- Enrolling into the iOS Developer Program (Should know)
- Enrolling into the Android Developer program (Should know)
- Application submission to Magento Mobile (Must know)
- Application resubmission and monitoring progress (Should know)
- Push notification messages administration (Become an expert)
- Title: Magento Mobile How-to
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849693660