Save your organization by building the skills to deal with difficult people
We all have to work with people we can't stand to be around. Our challenge is to find creative ways to handle these difficult people. In the fable Make Difficult People Disappear, the skills and strategic plan needed to change your mindset are told through a clear, concise story. By first understanding the four main personality types in the workplace, Commander, Organizer, Relater, and Entertainer, readers can then devise effective strategies for diffusing unproductive and damaging behavior.
This book serves to change the mindset and behavior of people who deal with difficulty on a regular basis.
Wofford describes how through understanding our behavior differences and natural reactions to stress, that utilizing a plan based on these differences the difficulty simply seems to disappear
Advises everyone from frustrated executives to entrepreneurs tired of dealing with difficult people who suck the life out of their organizations
Complete with a step-by-step action plan, Make Difficult People Disappear serves to replenish your confidence and build skills in leading those who until now you didn't know how to manage and felt there was no choice but to continue to deal with or ignore.
Table of Contents
- Author’s Note on Sources
- Chapter 1: Bribes . . . in the Form of Sprinkles?
- Chapter 2: Shifts . . . in Your Expectations
- Chapter 3: Labels . . . That Actually Make Sense
- Chapter 4: Maps . . . Showing Where Others Can Go before Being Told
- Chapter 5: Praise . . . without Pom-Poms Unless That’s What They Need
- Chapter 6: Clues . . . That You Can Finally Hear
- Chapter 7: Hope . . . in What Others Intend Despite What They Do
- Chapter 8: Wheels . . . of Motion Not Attached to a Bus
- Chapter 9: Habits . . . That Help You Be You and Let Them Be Them
- About the Author
- Title: Make Difficult People Disappear: How to Deal with Stressful Behavior and Eliminate Conflict
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118273807