This innovative product uses interactive video to explain everything a beginner needs to know to create polished-looking videos with iMovie 11, from importing and organizing video files to using special effects like Green Screen, which lets you superimpose video footage of a person onto any background you want. Users will learn how to adjust the color of video clips, stabilize shakiness, and use Themes--which give a project special transitions, titles, and graphics. A major component is learning to build a movie by assembling and editing clips, and users will learn various ways to share their finished movie, such as creating a DVD and sharing online.
Experienced instructor Maxim Jago presents 3 hours of exceptional quality video tutorials, complete with lesson files, assessment quizzes, and review materials. The video is wrapped in a unique interface that allows the viewer to jump to any topic and also bookmark individual sections for later review. Project files used in the lessons are included so viewers can practice what they've learned, and interactive review questions help reinforce freshly gained knowledge.
Table of contents
- iMovie is a very user-friendly video editing application with countless features that make it easy to create fun videos with special effects, titles, graphics, and photos. This chapter introduces iMovie's features and interface.
- The first step in making a video is importing video footage from your camera. This chapter shows you how to import from the most popular types of cameras and gives helpful tips on staying organized.
- Sometimes the quality of your footage is not everything you wish it could be. This chapter shows you some simple ways you can correct shaky camera work and questionable color.
- Importing clips to events is the beginning of the editing process, but you'll use projects to create movies for output. This chapter shows you how to create a project and use themes to automatically add special effects.
- Themes make video editing super-easy, but the real art comes from piece-by-piece, clip-by-clip construction. This chapter delves into the core editing experience.
- Once you have produced your first draft video, you may want to make some changes. This chapter shows you some easy ways to tweak and tune your edit.
- This chapter introduces you to some special features that will enable you to make changes to multiple clips at the same time, add music to your projects, and more.
- iMovie has some pretty advanced special effects and you apply them all the same way. This chapter will teach you how to add some pizzazz to your video.
- Once you have chosen your music and added it to your video, you may want to go the extra mile by adjusting the volume and tweaking the timing. This chapter shows you some more advanced controls that can help you give your video a fine audio finish.
- iMovie has great support for graphics, photos, and titles. You can even add an animated map showing where events take place. This chapter shows you how to incorporate all of these into your projects.
- Movies are made for watching and when it's time to share your creative work, iMovie provides a wide range of tools to help you with distribution. This chapter explores the main ways to share your movie both for home and for work.
- Title: Make Your First Video with iMovie 11: Learn by Video
- Release date: May 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780132809085
You might also like
Filmmaking Workflows with Adobe Pro Video Tools: Learn by Video
The digital video tools available in Adobe Creative Cloud offer industry-standard applications for project organization, video …
Introduction to Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Learn by Video
This focused workshop provides over 3 hours of high-quality video training on editing your own personal …
Video Production with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and After Effects CS5.5: Learn by Video
his innovative, in-depth video training course and accompanying 48-page full-color book, is aimed at intermediate users …
iMovie: The Missing Manual
This edition covers iMovie 10.0 for Mac and iMovie 2.0 for iOS. iMovie's sophisticated tools make …