Never has advice on making money been so essential! Many of the world’s most successful businesses started during an economic downturn, so don’t let the credit crunch stop you. Make Your First Million shows you how to go it alone and make the money come rolling in! This straight-talking reality-check is one of the UK’s bestselling entrepreneurship titles of the last 18 months and in this new edition Martin shows you just how important it still is to follow your dreams - even in tough times.
This edition includes a brand new introduction on why entrepreneurship is the right choice, even in the current financial climate. Martin Webb started his first business in the recession of the early 90s and expounds the myths surrounding stating in a recession and outlines the possible benefits and advantages – as well as the cautions.
A look at the personal attributes you’ll need and how to develop them
A real understanding of the impact of starting a business on your lifestyle and relationships
An outline of the skills and knowledge needed to make your enterprise thrive
Information on finance and how to minimise risk
A unique Entrepreneur’s Toolkit packed with practical steps to success
"The book contains a lot of advice for those with ambitious growth plans in mind." (Growing Business, June 2007)
"As a highly readable primer in the art of making a success of a start-up it takes some beating." (Better Business, June 2007)
Table of contents
- INTRODUCTION: WHEN IS A GOOD TIME TO START A BUSINESS?
- PROLOGUE: THE FALSE START
- 1. SO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR?
- 2. STARTING AFRESH
- 3. PUTTING THE IDEA INTO PRACTICE
- 4. THE OPENING DAYS
- 5. BUILDING ON SUCCESS
- 6. BRANCHING OUT AND PREPARING TO EXIT
- 7. CASHING IN
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S TOOLKIT
- 1 THE GENERAL BUSINESS MODEL AND WORKING CAPITAL
- 2 RISK ASSESSMENT
- 3 GETTING THE START-UP MONEY
- 4 DRAWING UP THE FIRST ROUGH FINANCIAL PLAN
- 5 THE DECISION TO LEASE PREMISES OR BUY THEM
6 DRAWING UP A DETAILED BUSINESS PLAN
- The upside of the dreaded banking forms
The forms themselves
- What is your target market?
- Do you really understand your customers and what they want?
- Who are your competitors?
- Who are the key people in your organization?
- Is your plan to reach your market realistic?
- Is your price right?
- Who's going to do the selling and what's the bonus scheme?
- Where are your premises?
- What are the equipment and other start-up costs?
- 7 THE FORMAL DOCUMENTATION OF STAFF APPRAISAL
- Title: Make Your First Million: Ditch the 9-5 & Start the Business of Your Dreams, 2nd Edition
- Release date: June 2009
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9781906465544
You might also like
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
Rules of Life, 4th Edition
With a stunning new look in 2015, and with more new Rules than ever, get ready …
Digital Marketing Analytics: Making Sense of Consumer Data in a Digital World, Second edition
Distill 100%–Usable Max-Profit Knowledge from Your Digital Data. Do It Now! Why hasn’t all that data …
Grammar and Style
Writing and speaking with correct grammar and style is the key to getting ahead in business …