Build Awesome Predictive Models with Python
About This Video
- Understand the core concepts in Predictive Analytics and how to apply them to build predictive models in diverse fields
- Effectively use Python's main library, scikit-learn, for Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning
- Learn the foundational models and algorithms that are required for any job in the field of Predictive Analytics
Python has become one of any data scientist's favorite tools for doing Predictive Analytics. In this hands-on course, you will learn how to build predictive models with Python.
During the course, we will talk about the most important theoretical concepts that are essential when building predictive models for real-world problems. The main tool used in this course is scikit -learn, which is recognized as a great tool: it has a great variety of models, many useful routines, and a consistent interface that makes it easy to use. All the topics are taught using practical examples and throughout the course, we build many models using real-world datasets.
By the end of this course, you will learn the various techniques in making predictions about bankruptcy and identifying spam text messages and then use our knowledge to create a credit card using a linear model for classification along with logistic regression.
The course is designed for Data analysts or data scientists interested in learning how to use Python to perform Predictive Analytics as well as Business analysts/business Intelligence experts who would like to go from descriptive analysis to predictive analysis. Software engineers and developers interested in producing predictions via Python will also benefit from the course.
Knowledge of the Python programming language is assumed. Basic familiarity with Python's Data Science Stack would be useful, although a brief review is given. Familiarity with basic mathematics and statistical concepts is also advantageous to take full advantage of this course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Tools for Doing Predictive Analytics with Python
- Chapter 2 : Visualization Refresher
- Chapter 3 : Concepts in Predictive Analytics
- Chapter 4 : Regression: Concepts and Models
- Chapter 5 : Regression: Predicting Crime, Stock Prices, and Post Popularity
- Chapter 6 : Classification: Concepts and Models
- Chapter 7 : Classification: Predicting Bankruptcy, Credit Default, and Spam Text Messages
- Title: Making Predictions with Data and Python
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788297448
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python for Finance: Investment Fundamentals and Data Analytics
Learn Python programming and conduct real-world financial analysis in Python: complete Python training About This Video …
The Complete Machine Learning Course with Python
Build a Portfolio of 12 Machine Learning Projects with Python, SVM, Regression, Unsupervised Machine Learning & …
Python for Data Science Complete Video Course (Video Training)
9+ Hours of Video Instruction While there are resources for Data Science and resources for Machine …