8.1 Contents of the case study
This inner city development of £12 million involves the construction of a five storey steel-framed office block alongside a six to ten storey precast crosswall hotel block.
The case study covers the following aspects of the project.
- A description of the works for the office block and hotel building.
- Client/contractor relationships, together with the main contractor’s site organisation structure.
- Value engineering proposals of the “preferred bid” contractor for this single-stage design and build project are outlined.
- The factors influencing crane selection are outlined as site space restrictions limited their choice and movement.
- Site layout planning, plus the approach to management of materials on site construction sequence for ...