11.1 Contents of the case study
This case study indicates the approach taken to a project under £5 million by a major construction group. The following aspects of the project are highlighted:
- An overview of the project indicating the phasing.
- An outline of the links between the design team, the school co-ordination team and the contractor.
- The approach taken in managing the smaller project by a regional organisation.
- The project manager’s involvement at the pre-contract stage and responsibilities during the project.
- The standard company procedures utilised on site.
- An overview of the site waste management plan and examples of materials management practice on site.
- The sequence of work and programme for the main roof work.
- Extracts from contract programmes ...