12.1 Contents of the case study
This case study covers the construction and management aspects in building a timber portal framed building. The £11 million project was completed over a relatively short ten month construction period.
The following aspects of the project are covered in this case study:
- The client/contractor relationships are outlined together with the contractors approach to managing the project.
- The project management structure for the main contractor highlighting the link between senior management and site management.
- The site layout plan indicating the relationship between the main buildings under construction and the storage areas on site.
- The construction stages for the erection of the glulam timber frame relating to the foundation stages and the erection sequence for the nine bays forming the retail store. Interesting connections are shown at the base and roof level.
- An interesting method statement is shown for the concreting ...