14.1 Contents of the case study
The establishment of a small building firm is outlined in this chapter. The company described, undertakes construction work for two property development clients. The managing director’s background experience is outlined and his approach to managing a small housing contract clearly shown.
The following aspects are covered:
- The responsibilities of the principal director and his quantity surveyor/ office administrator are outlined.
- Images of the office facilities for a small contractor are shown.
- The approach to establishing the site facilities for a development of nine housing units is illustrated. A site layout plan is shown for the project.
- The site strategy is outlined for the project in relation to the planned building sequence and site layout plan.
- The sequence of construction for a semi-detached timber framed unit is illustrated. The images are ...