Getting to Know Your Employees
In This Chapter
- Ways to understand your people
- Establishing standards and expectations
- Creating open and honest communications
- The importance of trust, respect, and loyalty
- Crafting agreements and commitment
When you don’t know someone well, it’s easy not to trust them or to at least be suspicious of them. As a new manager, you are the stranger in town. And even if you worked with your team before as peers, they’re going to be concerned about how you’ll be as a manager. You need to set the right tone from your first day on the job.
First impressions are difficult to change, so it’s important that they ...