Chapter 3. An Introduction to Data Binding
This chapter is taken from Silverlight 4 Data and Services Cookbook (Chapter 2) by Gill Cleeren, Kevin Dockx.
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Displaying data in Silverlight applications
- Creating dynamic bindings
- Binding data to another UI element
- Binding collections to UI elements
- Enabling a Silverlight application to automatically update its UI
- Obtaining data from any UI element it is bound to
- Using the different modes of data binding to allow persisting data
- Data binding from Expression Blend 4
- Using Expression Blend 4 for sample data generation
Data binding allows us to build data-driven applications ...