Chapter 4. Advanced Data Binding
This chapter is taken from Silverlight 4 Data and Services Cookbook (Chapter 3) by Gill Cleeren, Kevin Dockx.
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Hooking into the data binding process
- Replacing converters with Silverlight 4 BindingBase properties
- Validating data bound input
- Validating data input using attributes
- Validating using IDataErrorInfo and INotifyDataErrorInfo
- Using templates to customize the way data is shown by controls
- Building a change-aware collection type
- Combining converters, data binding, and DataContext into a custom DataTemplate
The data binding engine gives us many points where we can extend ...