Book descriptionOne Size Does Not Fit All! Professional success, more often than not, means becoming a manager. Yet nobody prepared you for having to deal with messy tidbits like emotions, conflicts, and personalities—all while achieving ever-greater goals and meeting ever-looming deadlines. Not exactly what you had in mind, is it? Don’t panic. Devora Zack has the tools to help you succeed and even thrive as a manager. Drawing on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Zack introduces two primary management styles—thinkers and feelers—and guides you in developing a management style that fits who you really are. She takes you through a host of potentially difficult situations, showing how this new way of understanding yourself and others makes managing less of a stumble in the dark and more of a walk in the park. Her enlightening examples, helpful exercises, and lifesaving tips make this book the new go-to guide for all those managers looking to love their jobs again.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: Welcome to the Electrifying World of Management
- One: Why You Hate It, Why I Wrote This
- Two: Who Are You?
- Three: Feelers Think and Thinkers Feel
- Four: But I Liked My Real Job!
- Five: Flex for Success
- Six: Lonely @ the Top
- Seven: Being Bossy
- Eight: Don’t Cry in My Office . . . I Have a Deadline to Meet
- Nine: Inside, Outside, Upside Down
- Ten: Charisma ’n’ You
- Eleven: Bonus Track: This Amp Goes to Eleven!
- Signing Off: You’re STILL Here?
- About Only Connect Consulting, Inc.
- Author Trivia
- Title: Managing for People Who Hate Managing
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781609945756
You might also like
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman)
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them. …
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
Think on Your Feet
“[Think on Your Feet] is a helpful maven’s guide ideal for anyone who views a podium …