This essential resource shows how to effectively organize, implement, and evaluate health programs and projects. Managing Health Programs and Projects clearly defines and describes the work of managers in health programs and projects. The book explores the decision-making process, defines the process of communicating, probes the fundamentals of program planning, explains budgeting, covers staffing for programs and projects, and explains how leaders motivate participants in health programs and projects.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- FIGURES, TABLES, AND EXHIBITS
- THE AUTHOR
- CHAPTER ONE: MANAGEMENT WORK
- APPENDIX A: EXAMPLE OF A HEALTH PROGRAM
- APPENDIX B: EXAMPLE OF A HEALTH PROJECT
CHAPTER TWO: STRATEGIZING THE FUTURE
- What Is the Current Situation of Our Program or Project?
- In What Ways Do We Want Our Program or Project's Situation to Change in the Future?
- How Will We Move Our Program or Project to the Preferred Future State?
- Are We Making Acceptable Progress Toward the Desired Future State?
- The Link Between Strategizing and the Performance of Programs and Projects
- Business Plans
- Planning for Interventions Undertaken by Programs and Projects
- Chapter Review Questions
- CHAPTER THREE: DESIGNING FOR EFFECTIVENESS
- CHAPTER FOUR: LEADING TO ACCOMPLISH DESIRED RESULTS
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAKING GOOD MANAGEMENT DECISIONS
- CHAPTER SIX: COMMUNICATING FOR UNDERSTANDING
- CHAPTER SEVEN: MANAGING QUALITY—TOTALLY
- CHAPTER EIGHT: COMMERCIAL AND SOCIAL MARKETING
- Title: Managing Health Programs and Projects
- Release date: July 2004
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9780787971854
You might also like
Leadership, Work, and the Dark Side of Personality
Leadership, Work, and the Dark Side of Personality uses an interpersonal psychological perspective to unite general …
Better Business, 5/e
Conversational, question and answer approach to contemporary business introduces the business content readers need--in a better …
Cracking the Tech Career: Insider Advice on Landing a Job at Google, Microsoft, Apple, or any Top Tech Company
Become the applicant Google can't turn down Cracking the Tech Career is the job seeker's guide …
The Complete Guide to Executive Compensation 3/E, 3rd Edition
The definitive guide for anyone involved in designing and approving executive salaries—revised for new laws and …