Learn how to use Profile Manager, a feature included in OS X
Lion Server, to configure and remotely manage iOS devices
(including iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch) and Macs running Lion.
With this eBook, you will learn how to use Profile Manager's
web-based tools to configure user settings for services such as
Mail, Calendar, VPN, and Wi-Fi; define passcode settings to prevent
unauthorized access to data stored on your users' devices; and
remotely wipe devices if they go missing. The Profile Manager uses
the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS), so you can immediately
push configuration changes to your devices, as long as they have
some kind of network connectivity. Why do all the work yourself?
Show your users how easy it is for them to use the self-service web
portal to download and install the configuration profiles you've
carefully crafted for them, and how to remotely lock or wipe their
own devices without your intervention. This eBook includes the
knowledge you need to configure your Lion Server to be an Open
Directory master, use an appropriate SSL certificate, provide
Profile Manager services, and perform basic troubleshooting.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Why Use the Lion Server Profile Manager?
- Setting Up for the First Time
- Enrolling Your iOS Device with Profile Manager
- Managing Your iOS Device with the My Devices User Portal
- Using Profile Manager to Manage iOS Devices
- Deployment Strategies
- Title: Managing iOS Devices with OS X Lion Server
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: None