Setting Up for the First Time
You need the following in order to manage your iOS devices with Lion Server Profile Manager:
• A Mac computer that can run Lion and Lion Server
• A copy of Lion and Lion Server from the Mac App store
• A connection to the Internet
• If you want to manage your iOS devices once they are outside your private network, you need a publicly accessible Internet address or a router with Network Address Translation (NAT) configured to pass Profile Manager traffic to your server, specifically TCP ports 443, 1640, and 5223.
• The ability to get an SSL certificate signed by a certificate authority (CA), either a third-party CA or your own CA (optional)
• An iOS device with iOS 4, such as an iPod touch, iPhone, or ...