The workplace is changing. Powerful demographic forces are underway causing a "generational shift." If you're managing a mix of employees of all ages from teens to retirees and finding it takes more time and skill than ever before, welcome to the revolution. The latest edition of Managing the Generation Mix is full of insight and advice for tackling the age-related challenges you face every day and maximizing the strengths of your age-diverse team members
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Prequel: What You Need to Know Before You Read This Book
- Introduction to the Second Edition
PART ONE: Who’s in Your Generation Mix Today? What You Can Expect
- Chapter 1. The Schwarzkopf Generation: Take Charge and Do What’s Right
- Chapter 2. Baby Boomers: Trendsetters to the End
- Chapter 3. Generation X: What’s the Deal Today?
- Chapter 4. Generation Y: We’re Here Today!
- Chapter 5. Bridging the Generational (Mis)Understanding Gap
PART TWO: What Does It Take to Become a Great Gen Mix Manager? What You Can Expect
- Chapter 6. Focus: It’s All About the Work
- Chapter 7. Communicate Just-in-Time, All the Time
- Chapter 8. Customize! Customize! Customize!
PART THREE: From Retirees to Teens: Four Opportunities for the Taking What You Can Expect
- Chapter 9. Turning Gray to Gold: How to Mine the Riches in Seasoned Talent
- Chapter 10. Heading Off the Midlevel Leadership Crisis: Who’s Going to Take Charge?
- Chapter 11. Managing Your Parents— or Grandparents: You’re in Good Company
- Chapter 12. Teaching Teens How to Serve Your Customers: How Well Are You Doing?
- Conclusion: What You Need to Know After You Read This Book
- Recommended Resources
- Title: Managing the Generation Mix: Second Edition From Urgency to Opportunity
- Release date: August 2006
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9780874259414
You might also like
Effective Project Management: Traditional, Agile, Extreme, Sixth Edition
Expert guidance on ensuring project success—the latest edition! Many projects fail to deliver on time and …
Organizational Culture and Leadership, 5th Edition
The book that defined the field, updated and expanded for today's organizations Organizational Culture and Leadership …
Software Testing and Continuous Quality Improvement, 3rd Edition
It is often assumed that software testing is based on clearly defined requirements and software development …
Focused Operations Management
Focused Operations Management shows how to do much more with existing resources in terms of throughput, …