This landmark book by one of the worlds leading business thinkers is about managing, pure if not simple. It tackles the big questions managers everywhere face, such as:
- How is anyone supposed to think, let alone think ahead, in this frenetic job?
- Are leaders really more important than managers?
- Is email destroying management practice?
- Are managers the only ones who can, or should, manage?
- How are managers supposed to connect when the very nature of their job disconnects them from what they are managing?
- How can you manage it when you cant reliably measure it?
MANAGING MAKES SENSE OF WHAT MIGHT BE THE WORLDS MOST IMORTANT JOB.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the Author
- A Note to the Reader
- 1: Managing Ahead
- 2: The Dynamics of Managing
- 3: A Model of Managing
- 4: The Untold Varieties of Managing
- 5: The Inescapable Conundrums of Managing
- 6: Managing Effectively
- APPENDIX: Eight Days of Managing
- Title: Managing
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Pearson Business
- ISBN: 9780273745631
You might also like
Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go From Manager to Leader (Audio Book)
The Globe & Mail's #1 Business Book of the Year! "ALL IN, ALL THE TIME" Low …
Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations, Third Edition
40 Years of Breakthrough Leadership Insights in One Extraordinary Book! From The One Minute Manager® to …
Organizational Culture and Leadership, 5th Edition
The book that defined the field, updated and expanded for today's organizations Organizational Culture and Leadership …
Making Work Human: How Human-Centered Companies are Changing the Future of Work and the World
How do you keep your employees engaged, creative, innovative, and productive? Simple: Work human! From the …