Time for action – using layers
In previous chapters, I introduced the concept of "focused play", wherein we just messed around with a clear direction in mind. This relaxes us and makes learning a bit more fun and allows what Bob Ross would call "happy accidents" to occur.
Here's the game plan:
- Create a new comic book page from the comic template in the new file dialog box.
- Create a number of new layers via the palette menu. Go to the New layer menu and choose Raster layer from the hierarchical menu.
- In the dialog box, there are three kinds of raster layers:
- Color: This creates full color layers
- Grey: This creates a layer that only has greyscale
- Monotone: This is a black-only layer
- Create a layer of each of these types.
- Draw on each layer a bit; use a thick ...