Time for action – creating an inking brush with custom pressure settings
The pen we want to create here is the one that'll have a good response at light pressure settings and get thicker somewhat quickly. We don't want the pen to correct our line too much, as happy accidents can be good.
- Select the G-Pen from the pen subtool palette.
- Make a duplicate of the pen via the Tool Property palette menu.
- Name the duplicated pen
MS4B inking pen.
- Open up the Tool Settings palette.
- We'll be making changes to the following categories; so if a category's not mentioned, set it to zero or make sure there's nothing checked in it.
- Brush Size: Set this to 11 (we'll get to adjust the pressure in the second part of this exercise)
- Ink: Set the opacity to 100% and set combine ...