Open source Go, the highly scalable programming language developed at Google, is the emerging language of the Cloud. It’s used in software systems where "scale big and run fast" is the daily mantra. Go practitioners are true DIY geeks, the guys and gals who make large scale software systems work and who, in their spare time (if they have any) watch baseball and know how to make beer.
Mark Bates on Go Database Frameworks and Tools is the second video in a series of programs that show you how to program using Go. In this video, Go expert Mark Bates takes you on a practical journey through several critical sections of Go functionality: Working with SQL, SQL Nulls, Radix, CSV and Bolt.
Bates, the founder and chief architect of Meta42 Labs in Boston, is a seasoned developer with the scars to prove it. His quest to learn Go, use Go, and teach Go aligns with that mission.
- Connect to SQL databases from a Go application, using the built-in database/SQL package
- Map results to structs using the 3rd party SQLX package
- Learn how to handle null database values
- Write custom types to handle null values and properly encode/decode them to and from JSON
- Talk to Redis using Radix
- Subscribe to Redis messages using Radix pubsub
- Read and write CSV files using the encoding/CSV package
- Discover Bolt, the embeddable key/value store in Go applications
- Use Bolt to iterate over keys and store complex data structures
- Practice techniques for fine grain control over opening and closing transactions
Mark Bates has written web applications since 1996; he now spends his days focusing on new application development and consulting for his clients.
- Title: Mark Bates on Go Database Frameworks and Tools
- Release date: August 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491938287
You might also like
Testing in Go
Having access to a reliable and comprehensive test suite for your applications isn’t a luxury anymore—it’s …
Go in Action Video Edition
"A concise and comprehensive guide to exploring, learning, and using Go." From the Foreword by Steve …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Containers and Go
This video introduces you to the basics of containers, images, and orchestration as they relate to …