First, you will create your own User Variable using the following steps:
- Return to the Chapter13/takeTheTrain.cptx file.
- Use the Project | Variables menu item to open the Variables dialog.
- Make sure that User is selected in the Type dropdown.
Note that Captivate has already generated a few User Variables for you. Two of these variables expose the name and the ID of the student when the course is hosted on an LMS (This data is transmitted from the LMS to your course module using the SCORM, AICC, or xAPI standard).
- Click the Add New button to create a new variable.
- Type v_name in the Name field.
This will be the name of your new variable. Remember that the name of a variable must comply with a strict set of rules ...