Setting up an Android Wear virtual device
These steps are published on the Android Developers site (https://developer.android.com/training/wearables/apps/creating.html), in the Creating and Running a Wearable App section. They are repeated here and expanded upon for convenience.
To set up an Android Wear virtual device, click Tools | Android | AVD Manager in Android Studio and perform the following steps:
- Click on the Create virtual device... option.
- Click Wear in the Category list:
- Select Android Wear Square or Android Wear Round.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select a release name (for example, KitKat Wear).
- Click Next.
- Change any preferences for your virtual device (optional).
- Click Finish.
- Start the emulator:
- Select the virtual device you just created. ...