Master the art of creating amazing, reliable, and dynamic user interfaces for your AngularJS applications with the help of a real-world application
About This Video
Comprehend the process of creating quality AngularJS UI from scratch to completion
Understand key concepts related to building AngularJS UI, such as interacting with APIs, writing reusable components, and persisting user data
Explore AngularJS UI Bootstrap and implement its key features into your applications
Developing powerful, interactive modern web applications is a complex endeavor. Enter AngularJS, the framework par excellence which has clearly emerged the winning solution, due to its simplicity and extensive range of features, including Two Way Data-Binding and Directives. These features enable a developer to write flexible and testable front-end code, and ultimately to build efficient, photogenic web applications.
Though documentation and online tutorials are available to develop with AngularJS UI, it can be difficult to locate the resources to really take advantage of all the available options for great UI design. Mastering AngularJS UI Development takes you step by step through core AngularJS concepts by demonstrating the build of a TV Show tracking app, before showing you how to enhance and beautify the UI.
Firstly, you will start out with a skeleton application and apply best practices for creating controllers and implementing services. Then, you will learn how to connect the application to an API and add various features to it such as search, tracking, and rating functionalities. You will also learn how to persist data with local storage. Here we move on to beautifying your app by creating various components and reusing them with the help of directives. You’ll build attractive forms to validate your users and make your app secure. After that, you will learn different ways to troubleshoot issues with routes, two-way bindings, animations, and isolated scopes.
With best practices engrained throughout, and many advanced concepts explained, after this course you will be able to build better, fantastic-looking AngularJS applications.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Back to Basics – Learning the Best Practices
- The Course Overview 00:02:39
- The Project Structure and Scaffolding 00:03:35
- Creating Controllers Using AngularJS Best Practices 00:03:03
- Implementing Services Using Best Practice Methods 00:05:18
- Chapter 2 : Building a TV Show Tracker App
- Chapter 3 : Writing Components with Directives
- Chapter 4 : Using AngularUI Bootstrap to Enhance Your App
- Chapter 5 : Building Attractive Forms with Validation
Chapter 6 : Troubleshooting and Enhancements
- Two-way Data Binding Not Working 00:02:43
- Horrible Waterfall Effect on Images with Slow Connections 00:03:07
- Dealing with 404s 00:03:06
- Wrapping Up 00:03:39
- Title: Mastering AngularJS UI Development
- Release date: August 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781785289910