This is a no-nonsense, demo-based introduction to getting started with Maven.
You’ll learn how to work with the Maven build tool, which is currently the number-one industry standard for creating Java applications. By concentrating on practical hands-on demonstrations, you'll see firsthand how Maven works. From there you will develop the skills—and the confidence—to use it on your own to build your Java projects at home, college, or in the workplace.
While many video courses are delivered presentation style, this unique course uses a demonstration-first approach, explaining concepts through demonstration. You’ll experience this approach first "at the command line," with videos showing what Maven is doing and explaining how it is doing it; then in IDEs using the sophisticated Maven integration that Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA provide. In this way, you'll develop an understanding of the nuts and bolts of the tool and be in a position to develop effectively after the course is over. This approach also equips you with the “under the hood” understanding you need to effectively troubleshoot any problems you may encounter when developing with Maven on your own.
Though this course has some useful content for people who are already using Maven, it is really intended for Maven beginners. Maybe you've started a new job where they use it to build their applications, or you're learning industry-standard tools to better place you ahead of the competition in the job market.
By unlocking the mechanics of how Maven works in front of your eyes, the course will equip you to better build Java projects with the tool and have fun doing so.
Table of contents
- Course Introduction
- Installation Basics
Fundamentals of Maven
- Section Introduction
- Creating a Maven Project with the Quickstart Archetype
- The Structure of a Maven Project
- Performing Simple Build Tasks with Maven
- Maven Invocation Modes
- The Project Object Model and POM File
- The Super POM and Effective POM
- Maven Build Lifecycles and Phases
- Resolving a Simple Dependency
- Resolving a Complex Dependency
- Analyzing Dependencies with Dependency Tree
- Finding Dependencies in the Maven Central Repository
- The Maven Local Repo Cache
- Population of the Local Maven Repo Cache when Executing a Build
- Maven Plugins
- The Maven Help Plugin
- Creating a Web App Project
- Working with Maven in an IDE
- Wrapping Up
- Title: Mastering Apache Maven
- Release date: December 2022
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: None
You might also like
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …
Mastering Spring Framework Fundamentals
This course takes you head first into the exciting world of Spring development! It gets you …
Java Coding Problems
Develop your coding skills by exploring Java concepts and techniques such as Strings, Objects and Types, …
Advanced Java Development
You’re a junior developer with a couple of years of Java under your belt and you’ve …