Best Practices for Working with Sketches
Here is a list of points to keep in mind as you continue working with sketches in Inventor. Keep in mind that sketches are the foundation for good modeling, and therefore the importance of creating stable, fully constrained sketches cannot be overstated.
- Keep sketches simple.
- Your goal should always be to have a fully dimensioned and constrained sketch.
- Sketches that are not fully constrained tend to distort unpredictably when you make modifications and updates.
- Rough out size and shape before adding dimensions and constraints to avoid distorting the sketch when dimensions and constraints are added.
- Add dimensions to lock down shape, and then come back to change the size.
- Endpoint, midpoint, center, and ...