Getting Started with Autodesk Inventor
In this chapter, you will be introduced to the concept of parametric 3D design and the general tools and interface of Inventor. This chapter will focus on the concepts of parametric modeling and the workflow, tools, and interface elements found in the Autodesk® Inventor® software that are used to turn your ideas into a design.
In this chapter, you'll learn to:
- Create parametric designs
- Get the “feel” of Inventor
- Use the Inventor graphical interface
- Work with Inventor file types
- Understand how project search paths work
- Set up library and Content Center paths
- Create and configure a project file
- Determine the best project type for you
Understanding Parametric Design
Autodesk Inventor is first and ...