Overview of Importing
Although Revit provides ample means to generate 2D documentation based on a rich multidimensional (3D, 4D, 5D, and so on) model, there are a few real-world scenarios in which CAD data must be integrated with the building information model. Such scenarios might include the following:
- Using CAD details developed within your firm
- Coordinating with other firms using CAD software
- Converting projects from CAD to Revit
- Using external modeling tools for conceptual massing
- Using complex component models from other software
When you are importing data from a DWG or DXF file, layers within the file are assigned a Revit line weight based on the weight assigned to each layer. If the layer line weights are set to Default ...