The Ultimate Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture 2015
Responding to reader and instructor feedback, the expert author team updated and refreshed the book's content to make it even more useful, complete, and approachable. Mastering Revit Architecture is organized by real-world workflows and features detailed explanations, interesting real-world examples, and practical tutorials to help readers understand Revit and BIM concepts so that they can quickly start accomplishing vital Revit tasks.
Part I discusses key BIM and Revit concepts before giving readers a hands-on look at the Revit interface.
Part II explores today's Revit workflows and introduces readers to templates, worksharing, and managing Revit projects.
Part III dives into modeling and massing and offers detailed information on the crucial Family Editor as well as visualization techniques for various industries.
Part IV covers documentation, including annotation and detailing, and explains how to work with complex walls, roofs and floors as well as curtain walls and advanced stair and railings.
The companion website features before-and-after tutorial files (metric and Imperial sets), additional advanced content, and an hour of video on crucial techniques. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced Revit user, this book offers the detailed instruction you need to get the most out of this powerful software product.
Table of contents
Part 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 1: Introduction: The Basics of BIM
- Chapter 2: Applying the Principles of the User Interface and Project Organization
- Chapter 3: The Basics of the Toolbox
- Chapter 4: Configuring Templates and Standards
Part 2: Collaboration and Teamwork
- Chapter 5: Working in a Team
- Chapter 6: Working with Consultants
- Chapter 7: Interoperability: Working Multiplatform
Part 3: Modeling and Massing for Design
- Chapter 8: Advanced Modeling and Massing
- Chapter 9: Conceptual Design and Design Analysis
- Chapter 10: Working with Phasing, Groups, and Design Options
- Chapter 11: Visualization
Part 4: Extended Modeling Techniques
- Chapter 12: Creating Walls and Curtain Walls
- Chapter 13: Modeling Floors, Ceilings, and Roofs
- Chapter 14: Designing with the Family Editor
- Chapter 15: Creating Stairs and Railings
Part 5: Documentation
- Chapter 16: Detailing Your Design
- Chapter 17: Documenting Your Design
- Chapter 18: Annotating Your Design
Part 6: Construction and Beyond
- Chapter 19: Working in the Construction Phase
- Chapter 20: Presenting Your Design
- Chapter 21: Working with Point Clouds
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2015: Autodesk Official Press
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9781118862858
You might also like
Higher Order Basis Based Integral Equation Solver (HOBBIES)
The latest in parallel EM solutions with both in-core and out-of-core solvers The solution of complex …
Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with Golang
Explore Golang's data structures and algorithms to design, implement, and analyze code in the professional setting …
Learning React, 2nd Edition
If you want to learn how to build efficient React applications, this is your book. Ideal …