Design and implement a high performance and efficient virtual desktop infrastructure using Citrix® XenDesktop®
- Design, deploy, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and maintain XenDesktop for enterprise environments and to meet emerging high-end business requirements
- Configure Citrix XenDesktop to deliver a rich virtual desktop experience to end users
- A comprehensive, practical guide to monitoring a XenDesktop environment and automating XenDesktop tasks using PowerShell
Nowadays, many organizations are moving toward desktop virtualization. Citrix® XenDesktop® is the most comprehensive solution to implement a scalable and high performance virtual desktop environment.
This book will provide you with the technical skills you need to successfully design, set up, and maintain a XenDesktop® environment. This book will introduce you to the main components of a XenDesktop® infrastructure and covers how to design and install them. Through each chapter, you will quickly learn how to configure your virtual desktop environment in order to meet specific end user requirements, giving your users the freedom to work from anywhere and from any device while virtual desktops and apps are centrally maintained in your data center.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the evolution and main components of XenDesktop® architecture in detail
- Design and implement a XenDesktop® environment with enterprise capabilities such as high availability, scalability, app orchestration, and integration with cloud infrastructures
- Configure Citrix® XenDesktop® for real-time advanced business use cases and optimize it for performance
- Understand and configure the various components of networking involved in both remote and intranet access to your XenDesktop® environment
- Discover the usage and features of Citrix®-provided tools for monitoring and troubleshooting XenDesktop® environments
- Explore how the PowerShell SDK can help you to automate common tasks and administrative operations
- Discover how you can use Microsoft Application Virtualization to expand your virtual desktop infrastructure to deliver virtual applications to end users