Setting up the development environment
In this book, we started with the assumption that the right cloud computing vendor has been chosen already. But, in general, when planning a cloud approach, these are useful questions to answer before you start working:
- What do I need from the cloud vendor?
- Which vendors have the stuff I need?
- What does it cost, compared to other major cloud vendors?
- Are there some pros/cons of one platform over another?
- Where is my business located (in conjunction with the cloud vendor data centers) and, more importantly, where are my services going to be consumed by users?
These are just a few of the initial questions we need to answer before we go ahead with making any plans. To answer these questions, a little bit of foresight ...