There are a large number of settings available in Django. For ease of reference, I have broken them up into six sections, each with a corresponding table in this Appendix:
- Core settings (Table D.1)
- Authentication settings (Table D.2)
- Message settings (Table D.3)
- Session settings (Table D.4)
- Django sites settings (Table D.5)
- Static files settings (Table D.6)
Each table lists the available setting and it's default value. For additional information and use cases for each setting, see the Django Project website at https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/settings/.
Be careful when you override settings, especially when the default value is a non-empty list or dictionary, such as
STATICFILES_FINDERS. Make sure ...