Master your skills as a Django developer by learning advanced techniques.
About This Video
- You only need to know the basics of Django.
- Nick speaks with clarity, and explained a lot of things clearly. The project is good enough to learn Django quickly and can actually be implemented in real-life settings.
Welcome to the Mastering Django Series! Learn time saving and advanced techniques to come to a better developer. To get a better idea of what we'll be creating, go watch the promo video for the course. While creating this site, you will learn the following 8 skills:
- Pipenv - Learn why this tool is so much better than pip and virtualenv separately
- Pre-made Authentication Views - Get your site up and running quickly with these awesome built-in views
- Class-Based Views - When working with models, these views can't be beaten. HUGE time savers
- Django Forms - Rather than creating painstaking HTML forms, let Django handle the heavy work
- Using other site's APIs - Learn to connect with the YouTube API for data
- AJAX - I've had so many requests to cover this. Learn how to fetch data without reloading the page
- Seed Data - Learn how to create a starting point for any database
- Heroku Deployment - Heroku makes deploying your project simple and fast. I'll show you how
- It's time to up your Django skills. See you inside!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Combine the best of Pip and Virtualenv with Pipenv
- Chapter 3 : Saving Time with Auth Premade Views
- Chapter 4 : Make CRUD easy with Class Based Views
- Chapter 5 : Django Forms and Formsets
- Chapter 6 : Using Other Sites' APIs
- Chapter 7 : AJAX -A Smooth User Experience
- Chapter 8 : Seed Data - Loading and Dumping the Database
- Chapter 9 : Heroku Deployment
Chapter 10 : Outro
- What Next? 00:00:27
- Title: Mastering Django Part 1 - AJAX, Class Based Views, Forms
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838987756