There are several components needed to make a nice in-scene video player, let's quickly enumerate them here:
- The source video, of course! In Epic's documentation, they list supported files, but a nice short version is: when in doubt, use MP4s, as they work across every platform (more on the specific one here in a moment).
- A File Media Source object that references, well, this source media (in our case, our video).
- A Media Player object that does the work at runtime.
- An associated Media Texture asset.
- A Material that uses this texture.
Now, the great news about UE4 is that lot of this is automated for you, so don't get intimidated by that list, this will go surprisingly quickly.
As a quick aside, I'll describe generally ...