Learn advanced techniques for working with the Groovy programming language. In this video workshop, presenter and Java consultant Ken Kousen shows you how to create RESTful web services, conduct Unit Tests, apply Groovy’s functional programming features, and use Java’s Spring Framework in conjunction with this JVM language.
Once you complete this course, check out Ken’s other videos on the subject: Practical Groovy and Groovy Fundamentals. These courses demonstrate the many advantages of adding Groovy to existing projects written in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Work with refreshable beans, inline scripted beans, POGOs as Spring beans, and see how Groovy works with Spring Boot
- Learn about higher-order functions, immutable objects, and functional concepts including composition, method references, and memoize
- Add persistence capabilities based on both JPA and NoSQL databases
- Use Groovy traits for composition to simulate multiple inheritance
- Dive into RESTful web services, including Groovy clients, and RESTful services with JAX-RS
- Apply Unit Testing with JUnit and Spock
Ken Kousen, President of Kousen IT, Inc., is a technical trainer, mentor, and consultant in all areas related to Java, specializing in Android, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, Groovy, and Grails. He is the author of Making Java Groovy (Manning) and the upcoming O’Reilly book, Gradle for Android.
Table of Contents
Introduction and Review
- A Quick Groovy Review 00:21:39
- Unit Testing with the Spock Framework
- Groovy and the Spring Framework
JPA and Groovy
- JPA and Groovy 00:10:27
NoSQL and Groovy
- NoSQL and Groovy 00:24:33
- Functional Programming in Groovy
- RESTful Web Services
- Title: Mastering Groovy Programming
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491930915