A good practice or guideline is to design and develop a standard approach, which has always shown better results.
Some of the best practices to create effective forms are as follows:
- Use relevant content groupings to organize forms
- Minimize the amount of help and tips required to fill out a form
- Employ flexible data entry
- For long forms, show progress and save options
- Maintain a consistent approach
- Maintain a clear relationship between the initial selection options
- Use inline validation of inputs that have potentially high error rates
- Provide actionable remedies to correct errors
- Disable the Submit button after a user clicks on it to avoid multiple submissions
- Clearly communicate about the submission of data and provide feedback
- Maintain separate ...