Master the features of Kotlin by creating stunning Android applications
About This Video
- Learn how to make development much faster using a variety of Kotlin features, from basics to advanced
- Build amazing web, desktop, or mobile projects to get grips with the Kotlin language
- An illustrative guide to better understand all of Kotlin’s features
Kotlin is a programming language intended to be a better Java, and it's designed to be usable and readable across large teams with skill and discipline variances. Kotlin is a language that helps developers build amazing applications in an easy and effective way.
The video begins by giving you strong grasp of the Kotlin features in context, independent of any platform. We continue by exploring all the features of Kotlin language that make the language better alternative to Java. It will show you the environment setup, and the difficulty level will grow steadily with the features covered next.
Moving on, we’ll introduce you to using the IntelliJ IDE, which plays an integral role in Kotlin development. We’ll cover Kotlin’s basic programming concepts such as functions, lambdas, properties, object-oriented code, safety aspects, type parameterization, and finally concurrency, which will guide you to write Kotlin’s code to production. By the end of the video, you will be proficient in using Kotlin for any kind of app development.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Kotlin
- Chapter 2 : Kotlin Basics
- Chapter 3 : Classes and OOP
- Chapter 4 : Lambdas and Higher Order Functions
- Chapter 5 : Advanced Kotlin
- Chapter 6 : Concurrency and Coroutines
- Chapter 7 : Kotlin DSL
- Title: Mastering Kotlin for Android Development
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788474672