Most businesses are now migrating to Cloud and other cloud-related technologies, making Linux command line expertise a must-have skill for DevOps and cloud engineers. This course will teach you the fundamentals of the Linux command line through an enjoyable learning experience. It includes some interesting videos that will guide you in setting up your own Linux VM and a Linux EC2 instance in the AWS cloud.
This hands-on course will help you master the Linux command line with bite-sized videos that guide you at every step. You'll learn to work with files and folders, understand the Linux filesystem layout, and navigate through the filesystem efficiently. You'll get to grips with topics such as Linux permissions, hard and soft links, and text processing commands. As you advance, you'll cover standard I/O and redirection and learn to compress and uncompress files and folders.
The course will also take you through sudo, Vi editor, scheduling jobs using cron, customizing a bash environment, and much more!
What You Will Learn
- Understand the Linux command line from the bottom up
- Explore the Linux filesystem and navigation
- Work with file attributes and permissions
- Learn Vi Editor and its practical uses
- Use cron to schedule tasks
- Work efficiently with different text processing commands
- Create your own AWS Linux EC2 instance for practice
This course is for beginners as well as experts looking for a refresher!
About The Author
Coding Gears | Train Your Brain: GlobalETraining (brand name - CodingGears) offers self-paced technical courses and makes them easy to learn.
They have been in the IT training business for many years, offering training courses in Unix, Windows, C#, Java, Python programming, SQL server, manual testing, automation, and so on. Their instructors have 20+ years of experience in various technical areas such as software development, software testing, Windows systems, and network administration, Unix/Linux systems and network administration, virtualization technologies, storage, shell scripting, database management systems (MS SQL Server, MySQL, IBM DB2, Cassandra), containerization (Dockers), Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Jira, Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), Gluster file system, CoreOS, Ansible, and other areas.
CodingGears/GlobalETraining has mentored thousands of students for over a decade and has extensive experience in delivering training—both in-class and online.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Level "0"
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started
- Chapter 3 : Understanding Linux File System
Chapter 4 : Working with Directories and Files
- Working with Directories - Part 1
- Working with Directories - Part 2
- Working with Files - wc
- Working with Files - cat, tac, rev
- Working with Files - more
- Working with Files - less
- Working with Files - head, tail
- Working with Files - Copy, Move, Delete..
- Working with Files - create
- Working with Files - splitting
- Chapter 5 : Standard I/O Redirection
- Chapter 6 : Users, Groups Switching User
- Chapter 7 : File Attributes and Permissions
- Chapter 8 : Editing Files using "vi" editor
- Chapter 9 : Regular Expressions
- Chapter 10 : Text Processing - Filters Searching
- Chapter 11 : Understanding Links (Hard Soft/Symbolic)
- Chapter 12 : The Process
- Chapter 13 : Scheduling Jobs
- Chapter 14 : Handy Tools/Utilities
- Chapter 15 : Connecting to Linux Systems
- Chapter 16 : Customizing Shell Environment
- Chapter 17 : Shell Scripting Basics
- Chapter 18 : Appendix Miscellaneous
- Title: Mastering Linux Command Line
- Release date: March 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800204027
You might also like
Linux Command Line
5 + Hours of Video Instruction Overview The Linux Command Line Interface (CLI) is a powerful …
Bash Scripting and Shell Programming (Linux Command Line)
If you want to learn how to write bash shell scripts like a pro, solve real-world …
The Art of Doing: Learn the Linux Command Line
Linux commands are so powerful that using them you can interact with your computer without any …
Practical Linux Command Line 2.0
This Linux command line foundation will help you with anything IT-related: web or software development, data …