Enhancing the experience—tooling up and updating
As we have already seen, enabling the OOB mode in our application is something quite straightforward. Nevertheless, the following doubts may have arisen:
- In some cases, I want to know if my application is running in normal or OOB mode to, for instance, show one UI or another. How can I do that?
- How can I know if the application is already installed?
- When installing from a not very intuitive contextual menu, is there any way to display our own UI in order to allow the user to install the application?
- How do I uninstall an OOB application?
- I would like to let the users install my application from a CD, eliminating the need to be connected to the Web. Is that possible?
- When a new version of my application ...