About This Video
Dive deep into Meteor and discover how it can be used as a powerful engine to develop virtually any application
Learn by doing—build a complex, feature-rich application and go further by integrating it with other frameworks
This course gets right under the hood of the Meteor platform, demonstrating how to take advantage of its powerful development engine to build exciting, versatile applications.
We start by carefully designing an application structure, building a single page layout with multipage routing, and adding authentication. We’ll expose database data, and then look at how to work with subscriptions and queries. Then, we dive into the options for templating, with a look at dynamic Blaze templates and the Spacebars templating language. You’ll learn event handling and then test our application using Cucumber and Jasmine. After that, we deploy our application locally on the Meteor server, and then to Amazon to set it up for frequent updates and hot code deployment. Finally, you’ll learn how to work with third-party integrations, and set up REST endpoints to interact with other external services such as PayPal.
This course will help you to work at your own pace while mastering the patterns used to define all of the critical pieces of a web application.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction and Structure
- Chapter 2 : Routing and Layout
- Chapter 3 : Roles and Authorization
- Chpater 4 : Collections and Publications
- Chapter 5 : Subscriptions and Queries
- Chapter 6 : Templates and Spacebars
- Chapter 7 : Helpers and Events
- Chapter 8 : Server Methods
- Chapter 9 : Testing Your Application
- Chapter 10 : Deploying Your Application
- Chapter 11 : Troubleshooting Meteor
- Chapter 12 : Integrating Other Frameworks
- Release date: November 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783552580