You will learn how to use this tool to implement a wide variety of practical tasks related to pentesting and network monitoring. The tutorial will start with installation techniques and then explain Nmap fundamentals. Moving on, we will cover the advanced functionalities of Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) such as libraries, scripts, APIs, and so on. You will be able to perform custom tasks, the fundamentals of Lua programming, scanning mail servers, scanning databases, windows machines, SCADA systems, and large networks.
What You Will Learn
- Learn network security concepts that are required to properly comprehend and grasp how all Nmap utilities work the way they do.
- Handle large numbers of results from scanning large networks.
- IT administrators can effectively monitor their network for critical changes that might lead to potential vulnerabilities, by comparing the results from everyday scans.
- Master the Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) by writing new (and customizing existing) Lua scripts that further extend Nmap s capabilities.
- Utilize the Nmap suite s accompanying tools to refine and effectively automate your everyday network tasks, including debugging, visualizing, monitoring, and network auditing.
- Conduct host discovery, port scanning, and version and OS detection for every system in your network.
Aimed at system and network admins along with IT security professionals who wish to master Nmap. They need have no knowledge about Nmap. However, a basic knowledge of Nmap will be helpful.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Scanning Your First Target
- Chapter 2 : Scanning Larger Networks
- Chapter 3 : Scanning and Auditing Web Servers
- Chapter 4 : Assessing Common Services
- Chapter 5 : Advanced NSE Usage
- Chapter 6 : Analyzing and Refining NSE Script
- Chapter 7 : Mapping and Owning the Network
- Title: Mastering Nmap
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787289581
You might also like
Mastering Wireshark 2
Use Wireshark 2 to overcome real-world network problems About This Book Delve into the core functionalities …
Hands-On Network Scanning with Nmap for Network Security
Do you want to enhance your organization’s network security? Are you worried about what could happen …
Analyze data network like a professional by mastering Wireshark - From 0 to 1337 About This …
Quick Start Guide to Penetration Testing: With NMAP, OpenVAS and Metasploit
Get started with NMAP, OpenVAS, and Metasploit in this short book and understand how NMAP, OpenVAS, …