Take advantage of the best Node.js 12 features to develop fast and scalable web APIs
About This Video
- Build fast APIs with Node.js 12, Express.js and Authentication with Passport
- Connect to MySQL and cache responses with Redis
- Improve performance and readability with functional reactive programming
Node.js is a technology that you can quickly become familiar with, but it can be hard to master to build fast and secure solutions. Instead of covering the basics, this course will help you to progress to understand advanced concepts such as asynchronicity, the event loop, clean error handling with Express Middleware and functional reactive programming.
You will start off by working through the process of creating a subscription management system, where you will optimize directory structures. This will help you with the organization, as Node.js apps usually don't follow filename and directory conventions. As you delve deeper into the course, you'll learn how to build an API in the form of microservices, managed through PM2. As you progress, you will connect and utilize two of the most widely used technologies in the Node.js World; MySQL, the most commonly used relational database, and Redis, a popular technology used in caching. Once you've built a solid infrastructure, you'll be able to build an authentication service with the help of Passport and JSON Web Tokens.
By the end of this course, you will be able to tackle harder challenges in your Node.js projects by efficiently using the best tools available, while also meeting demanding industry standards for a clean and scalable code.
This course uses Node.js 12.0.0, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Node.js.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Node.js Concurrency Model
- Chapter 2 : Functional Reactive Programming
- Chapter 3 : Mastering Express.js
- Chapter 4 : Connecting to MySQL
- Chapter 5 : Node.js Microservices with PM2
- Chapter 6 : Authentication
- Chapter 7 : Caching with Redis
- Title: Mastering Node.js 12.x
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789539899
You might also like
Node.js API Masterclass with Express and MongoDB
Create a real-world backend for a Bootcamp directory app About This Video Gain proficiency in building …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Mastering Node.js - Second Edition
Expert techniques for building fast servers and scalable, real-time network applications with minimal effort; rewritten for …