Gathering the pieces and building a picture
Let's try to see how OpenStack works by chaining all the service cores covered in the previous sections in a series of steps:
- A user accesses the OpenStack environment via a web interface (HTTP/REST).
- Authentication is the first action performed. This is where Keystone comes into the picture.
- A conversation is started with Keystone—"Hey, I would like to authenticate and here are my credentials".
- Keystone responds "OK, then you may authenticate and give the token" once the credentials have been accepted
- You may remember that the service catalog comes with the token as a piece of code, which will allow you to access resources. Now you have it!
- The service catalog, during its turn, will incorporate the code by ...