Hands-on experience in performing network scanning using Nmap
About This Video
- Delve into how Nmap functions and the algorithms it uses.
- Tweak how Nmap works by adjusting numerous options and flags.
- Master network scanning methods that can be applied to many applications.
Network scanning is the process of assessing a network to identify an active host network, which will either be an attacker or a medium for security assessment. This procedure plays an extremely vital role in risk assessment programs or when preparing a security plan for your organization.
This course picks up where Learning Practical Network Scanning finished and focuses on the most widely available customization network scanning tool: Nmap. Sills learned with Nmap can be later applied to many other applications.
First, it starts by understanding various methods to define scanning targets. Next, the course covers understanding (and adjusting) how ports are scanned and applications and operating systems are detected. Later, it explains how to detect and bypass firewalls and perform scripting to make common tasks easy to repeat.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Host Discovery
- Chapter 2 : Port Scanning
- Chapter 3 : Optimization
- Chapter 4 : Applications and Operating Systems
- Chapter 5 : Firewalls
- Chapter 6 : Scripting
- Title: Mastering Practical Network Scanning
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788839983
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
8+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview TCP/IP Fundamentals LiveLessons provides more than 8 hours of video …
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …