Debugging session example
Here, we will show how to debug the TestPlugin remotely. We'll also learn how to insert a code breakpoint, stop executions, and show variable values during executions. The steps to follow are:
- Create a PyDev project that points to the source code of the
- Add a breakpoint to the
TestPlugin run()function in the Aptana Debug perspective.
- Start the PyDev Debug server.
- Connect to the PyDev server from QGIS.
- Run the plugin.
- Explore the variable values.
- Continue the execution of the plugin.
Creating a PyDev project for TestPlugin
To be able to add code breakpoints, it's necessary to load
test_plugin.py. This can be simply opened as a file, but it's better to learn how to view the entire plugin as a PyDev project. This allows ...