Chapter 6. Even Qt Deserves a Slice of Raspberry Pi
In the previous chapter, we created a QML UI targeted at Android and iOS. We will continue our journey in the embedded world by discovering how we can deploy a Qt application on a Raspberry Pi. The example project to illustrate this topic will be a snake game using the Qt3D modules. The player will control a snake trying to eat apples to get as big as possible.
In this chapter, you will learn:
- The architecture of the Qt3D modules
- The basic principles of cross-compilation
- How to build your own Qt Creator kit to compile and deploy your game on a Raspberry Pi
- How to handle the differences and limitations of various platforms (desktop, Raspberry Pi)
- The Factory design pattern
- How to write a complete game ...