This unique guide explains software project management from the standpoint of a software project manager working in a professional software development organization. It covers the subject of software project management in its entirety, including project acquisition and execution with backward linkages to concepts that play a facilitation role in successful project management, such as general management, decision making, people management, motivation, productivity and expectations management. This comprehensive reference provides all the guidance, best practices, tools and techniques needed to master software project management and achieve superior results.
- Details all facets of software project management planning from training through deployment and contains templates for practitioners
- Explains decision-making concepts from the perspective of software project managers and includes tools and techniques for making quantitative decisions
- Discusses management of work, configuration, quality management, productivity, team morale and stakeholder (customers, senior executives, and the project team) expectations in great detail
- Describes the aspects of project control and details general concepts and tools that will assist the project manager
- Presents best practices and pitfalls to avoid for nearly ever topic discussed to enhance software project manager performance
- WAV offers downloadable software project planning templates, a demo version of a collaborative software project management tool (PMPal), a tool useful for test effort estimations and test case design (TestPal), and a personal effectiveness tool (PET) — available from the Web Added Value™ Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com