Your digital presence tells the story of who you are... so what should you be saying?
In a world overflowing with the noise of Facebook updates, tweets, blog posts, Pinterest pins and YouTube video responses, it's difficult to connect with the people who matter most to your business and your career.
Mastering Story, Community and Influence explains the art of social media storytelling, showing you how to turn your offline expertise into the sort of online thought-leadership that cuts through the noise and attracts larger, more important communities.
Whether you're new to social media or racing to keep up with every new platform, social media storyteller extraordinaire, Jay Oatway, reveals the underlying mechanics and best practices behind becoming a serious online influencer.
Mastering Story, Community and Influence will help you become an authoritative presence online and build both the reputation and community you need for your future success in the Social Media Era.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
Part One: STORY: TELL IT WELL
- 1. WHY WE MUST SHARE
2. A BETTER STORY OF YOU
- Accept it: You Are Now an Authority
- Turning Your Personal Accounts Professional
- Not Told All at Once, but Gradually through Choices
- No One Quite Like You in Your Master Narrative
- The Currency of Your Story
- Counterfeit Social Currency
- Photos, Music and Video as Social Currency
- Currency Conversion
- To Maintain a Secret Identity or Not
- Take Away Express #2
- 3. SOCIAL MEDIA IS LIKE A COCKTAIL PARTY
- 4. ON WITH THE SHOW
- 5. WHOSE STORY IS IT?
- 6. HOW TO NEVER RUN OUT OF INTERESTING THINGS TO TALK ABOUT
- 7. DON’T JUST TELL. PERFORM!
Part Two: COMMUNITY: WOWING YOUR AUDIENCE
- 8. FINDING YOUR COMMUNITY
- 9. MAKE YOUR ‘STORY’ FEEL MORE LIKE SERVICE
- 10. FRIEND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- 11. FRIENDS IN NEED
- 12. DON’T BE A SOCIAL MEDIA SNOB
- 13. TAKE IT OUTSIDE
Part Three: INFLUENCE: PULLING BACK THE CURTAIN
- 14. WHAT IS INFLUENCE?
- 15. IT’S TRUE: SIZE DOES MATTER
- 16. SOLVING THE UNDERPANTS PROBLEM
- 17. ALL ABOARD THE SOCIAL TRAIN
- ABOUT JAY OATWAY
- Title: Mastering Story, Community and Influence: How to Use Social Media to Become a Socialeader
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119943464