Explore various features and automation tasks in the awesome PowerShell 6 by configuring and administrating the Windows Operating System components and server features
About This Video
- Meet complex administration requirements with efficiency using Windows PowerShell 6.0.
- Efficient scripting for Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, IIS, File Servers, and Azure
- This comprehensive course contains a set of scenarios, real-world examples, and scripts to easily get you started with Windows PowerShell 6.0 and its capabilities
PowerShell combines command-line speed, the flexibility of scripting, and the power of a GUI-based admin tool. Virtually all of the server products Microsoft is producing right now can be managed through PowerShell. From an administrative standpoint, this means that if you become proficient in PowerShell, you’ll have the skill set needed to manage most of Microsoft's newer products.
We’ll start with Windows System Administration and explore different features, services, shares, and permissions. Then you’ll move forward with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), which is an essential aspect of PowerShell 6. After that, you’ll work on managing remote systems, learn to create and connect reusable remote sessions to multiple systems, invoke commands on remote machines, and close connections and delete remote sessions.
You’ll discover what “managing your infrastructure through code” means using the popular Desired State Configuration feature of PowerShell. Finally, you’ll see how PowerShell has expanded its influence across the datacenter, as you use PowerShell to manage Active Directory, Azure, IIS, and more.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to perform complex automation tasks using PowerShell 6 and will have mastered the new features and changes that it brings.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Tools and Setting Up Your Systems
- Chapter 2 : Windows System Administration with PowerShell Core 6
- Chapter 3 : Managing Remote Systems with PowerShell
- Chapter 4 : Working with PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- Chapter 5 : Datacenter Management with PowerShell
- Title: Mastering System Administration with PowerShell 6.x
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788831048
You might also like
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition, Video Edition
"Superb...full of real-world examples, this book is an IT specialist's best friend." Olivier Deveault, Voxco Group …
NEW! Microsoft AZ-104 Certification: Azure Administrator
Welcome to Skylines Academy – your first stop for the AZ-104 Certification Course! Skylines Academy presents …
The Art of Hacking (Video Collection)
26 Hours of Video Instruction Description Your complete guide to help you get up and running …
Practical Windows PowerShell Scripting
10 Hours of Video Instruction Learn from an expert while you become the expert. begins with …