The following exercise tracks ACT testing scores from 1991 to 2015. Complete the exercise to learn how to create an animation in Tableau and also discover if standardized testing results in the United States have improved over time.
Follow along the exercise steps:
- Open the workbook associated with this chapter and navigate to the worksheet entitled ACT 1991–2015.
- Select the ACT data source.
- Place Year on the Columns shelf, Score Value on the Rows shelf, and Score Type on the Color shelf.
- Right-click on the Score Value axis and select Edit Axis.
- In the resulting dialog box, deselect Include zero.
- Place Year on the Pages shelf.
- In the Current Page panel that appears on the worksheet, check Show ...